This recipe is quick, easy and cheap too. So no excuses for takeaways! It provides a source of fibre, 3 of your ‘5 a day’ and protein too.
By using tinned tomatoes and then cooking them too you are actually preparing a real treat for your skin here, as it will contain lots of a phytochemical called lycopene. Lycopene has been shown to help fight against skin ageing and also certain types of cancer.
- 120g of chicken breast/ turkey breast or Quorn
- 2 handfuls of mixed frozen vegetables
- 1/2 a can of chopped, tinned tomatoes
- 1 tbs of olive oil (if using quorn you need 2 tbs)
- 2 tbs of mixed herbs
- 1 pinch of pepper
- 1 tbs of garlic granules
- Cut the chicken/turkey/quorn into chunks and fry gently until all the sides are sealed.
- Add the tinned tomatoes, herbs, garlic and pepper.
- Allow the mixture to bubble away for approx 5 minutes before adding the frozen vegetables.
- When the chicken is cooked through, serve with brown rice or pasta.