Tomorrow I am going away for a long weekend – great. However, I will be at some point be in a bikini and with the best will in the world, this week has been extremely hectic and like everyone else I have somehow not managed to stick to my ridiculous plan of extreme exercise and avoidance of all high calorie foods (surprise).
So, with just 24 hours to go, this is my plan of action and something that anyone can apply just before they go away.
- Ensure a good nights sleep – Lack of sleep can lead to stress, dull skin and bloating – 8 hours is key.
- Hydrate – Dehydration will cause fluid retention, making you feel bloated. It will also make any cellulite and wrinkles appear more prominent. So aim for 2-3L of fluid (water is best). No the cocktail at the airport does not count.
- Portion control – This sound obvious but please weigh out all your portion sizes of carbohydrates (see the packets) and go easy on very large salads which can cause bloating.
- Plan meals – Flights are very rarely between meal times and travelling between time zones can throw you off. Long periods between meals leads to bloating and a reduction in metabolism. So, if possible have breakfast before you go (even if it is 4 in the morning) and take some emergency snacks (nuts and fruit work best).
- Total sugar avoidance – even fruit juice or smoothies – these can cause break outs in those prone to spots.
- Exercise – When you get to the airport/ hotel or on the plane – take the time to keep on your feet where possible. This will help your digestive system and reduce bloating.
- Relax – (if possible) – stress will impair your sleep
© The Food Treatment Clinic LTD 2016. All Rights Reserved.