Tomato soup is one of my all time favourites and did you know that cooking tomatoes actually increases the amount of a phytochemical known as lycopene? This helps the tomatoes to have a more antioxidant affect on your body so win-win for a beautiful tomato soup on a winter’s day!
One problem I do have though is trying to find one in the shops that isn’t full of cream. So try on this version and see what you think!
340g of cherry tomatoes
1 large onion diced
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1.5 L of vegetable stock
2 tbs mixed herbs
1 pinch of sugar (gasp yes! – it brings out the tomato flavour and is just fine in a small amount)
Pepper to season (no need for salt as it is already in the stock!)
- Sweat the onion in a pan with the oil for 10 minutes
- Add in the tomatoes, herbs and sugar – stir continuously for 5 minutes
- Add the stock and boil – simmer for 20 minutes
- Add the pepper – simmer for 10 minutes
- Use a hand blender to make a smooth texture
Click here to check out my other recipes.
© The Food Treatment Clinic LTD 2016. All Rights Reserved.