Soup is one of the foods you will probably miss when on the low FODMAP diet. Which is a real shame seeing as it is high in fibre and vitamins. Plus, such a great lunch for the winter.
I actually created this for a client who since going on the low FODMAP diet has become slightly constipated so we were trying to increase their fibre intake.
The soup is simple to make – I do not do complicated! And, contains around 2 of your 5 portions/day.
Here I have teamed it up with some home made spelt bread and smoked salmon, creating a lovely, balanced meal.
Carbohydrates – 47.4g
Sugar – 24.2g
Fat – 6.3g
Protein – 5.4g
Low in Kcal
Low in fat
Low in saturated fat
Low in sugar
1/4 stick of celery
1 red pepper
8 medium carrotts peeled
1 baking potato
1 tbs of garlic infused oil
1 tbs of dried thyme
1 tbs of dried basil
1 teaspoon of dried mixed herbs
1L of water
Salt/pepper to taste
- Chop all the vegetables into cubes and sweat for about 10 minutes with the oil – stir every minute or so.
- Add the water, bring to the boil.
- Allow to simmer for 20-30 minutes
- Blend with a blender (or leave chunky if you would prefer)
- Season to own taste (I enjoyed lots of pepper)
© The Food Treatment Clinic LTD 2016. All Rights Reserved.