Following the low FODMAP diet really needn’t be as complicated as people make it. Often my clients will look to do brand new, complicated recipes or cut out certain meals/snacks altogether.
However, there are so many suitable alternatives you can have that with a few tweaks, you can stick to a pretty similar diet and make life a little easier.
Here are some everyday, easy, low FODMAP swops;
- switch garlic for asafoetida or garlic infused oil
- switch onion for the green part of a spring onion
- switch bread/pasta for gluten free bread/pasta
- switch sweet potato for white potato
- switch shop bought sauce for home made low FODMAP sauce such as these: https://www.alittlebityummy.com/recipes/search?q=sauce
- Switch a cereal bar for a small handful of brazil nuts and some blueberries
- switch an apple for a small banana
- switch spreadable cheese for cheddar
- switch sausages for plain, gluten free sausages
- switch apples for clementines
- switch camomile tea for peppermint tea
- switch couscous for quinoa
If you would like more help with the low FODMAP diet then please feel free to contact me.
© The Food Treatment Clinic LTD 2017. All Rights Reserved.