Risotto is one my all time favourite dishes as it is so versatile AND gives you a great opportunity to use of some of your left overs!
Vegan / Vegetarian?
This is not a problem, simply swop out the chicken for Quorn.
To make this dish into a low FODMAP risotto, a few adjustments need to be made (but nothing too taxing!).
Make the following changes;
- The green part of a spring onion instead of onions.
- Use only the leek leaves.
- Use diced peppers instead of sweetcorn.
- Use a low FODMAP stock such as this on from A Little Bit Yummy.
If, like me, you need a gluten free diet, then making a gluten free risotto is so easy! All you need to do is make sure your stock is gluten free.
Limed Chicken Risotto
- 240g of shredded roast chicken.
- 100g of risotto rice.
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 small onions – diced.
- 1/2 leek – chopped into thin slices.
- 200g of frozen sweetcorn.
- 2 parsnips – peeled and cubed.
- 1 lime – juice only.
- Dried basil and oregano.
- 500mls chicken stock.
- Sweat the onion and risotto rice in the oil for 2-3 mins.
- Add in all the other vegetables and stir for 2-3 mins.
- Add in the stock and chicken – simmer for around 15 mins.
- Add in the dried herbs.
- Check the rice is cooked.
- Take off the heat and mix in the lime juice.
- Serve into 2 bowls.
Want to keep updated with my posts? Why not sign up to my newsletter?