This is a great healthy alternative to chicken in bread crumbs.
Per portion (chicken only)
Energy – 533kcal
Carbohydrates – 3.9g
Sugars – 2.3g
Fat – 33.7g
Protein – 53.9g
Low in sugar
2 chicken breasts
1 teaspoon of chilli powder (medium)
1 teaspoon of garlic powder
1 of ground cumin
1 teaspoon of paprika
4 tablespoons of ground almonds
2 tablespoons of flaked almonds
- Set oven to 180ºC
- Cover a flat baking tray with tin foil and set to one side
- Tip all the ingredients (apart from the egg and the chicken) into a bowl and mix well
- In a separate bowl whisk the egg so the yolk and white are mixed
- Coat the chicken first in egg and then in the almond mixture
- Bake for around 20-25 minutes (or until the chicken is cooked through and no longer pink inside)
- Serve with boiled potatoes and vegetables of your choice. Enjoy!
© The Food Treatment Clinic LTD 2016. All Rights Reserved.