A smoothie bowl is a great way to get in some fibre and vitamins first thing. But, most smoothies are high in sugar so not really ideal. This is a great compromise as it incorporates the smoothie concept but also some complex oat carbohydrates and good fats.
3 heaped tablespoons of oats
1 tablespoon of almond butter
- The night before prepare your overnight oats by placing them in a bowl
- Cover the oats with milk and stir
- Place in the fridge overnight
- Also prepare your chia seed pudding
The Next Morning….
- Assemble your breakfast: 1/3 chia seed pudding, 1/3 healthy morning strawberry shake & spoon in the overnight oats on top
- Top with a tablespoon of almond butter
© The Food Treatment Clinic LTD 2016. All Rights Reserved.