This is a summary of the main topics which have come up in this week’s clinics.
1. If you have a rather sluggish bowel and are prone to constipation, then you need to increase your fibre intake. Just because bob in the office hasn’t seen a vegetable in about 10 years and seems to go to the loo just fine, does not mean you will be ok.
2. Everyone’s body is very different and even the ‘5 a day’ may not be enough for you!
3. If you are suffering from acid reflux then simply keep a food diary – recently I have seen so many people suffering from this condition and it is simply stopped dead by avoiding fatty meals (pizza, takeaways, ice-cream, lasagne) and alcohol. Keeping a diary will show you what your triggers are.
4. It doesn’t matter how much exercise you do – if you eat too many calories you won’t lose any weight.
5. Lack of time is no excuse to order a takeaway. Yes you can have one now and again as part of a balanced diet but please DO NOT use time as an excuse. Takeaways take at least 30 minutes to be delivered or even longer if you are going out to collect them . A stir fry or a simple fish dish takes up to 7 minutes to cook – get a new excuse.
I hope these pointers help!!
If you would like to be booked into a clinic then please contact me.
© The Food Treatment Clinic LTD 2016. All Rights Reserved.