Welcome to my weekly clinic summary. I normally use this weekly post to summarise some key aspects and pointers from clients or experiences in the previous week. However, this week I am going to talk about a personal experience where I didn’t do so well with my own nutrition choices and how I can avoid this next time. Hopefully this will help clients with a few practical solutions to problems and to realise that dietitians also make nutrition mistakes.
So, the start of this week I was organised and eating really very healthily. However, my father came to visit towards the end of the week, resulting in food chaos.
Having visitors prevents you from following your normal routine and if you do not pre-empt this then you have no hope of eating healthily.
This weekend I had pizza Friday night with coke, curry with rice and naan on Saturday (plus red wine) alongside half a box of chocolates. How do I feel this afternoon? Like a spotty, bloated slug – not great!
Why did I eat this? 1 answer – bad organisation.
A few things I will be doing next time are…
- Pre-order groceries for Thursday evening
- Make homemade pizza on Friday night which is far lower in fat and sugar
- Limit my own chocolate intake to just a few then put the box of chocolates away (out of sight = out of binge mind)
- Drive on the Saturday night so I am limited with alcohol
- Book a restaurant for the Saturday night which provides a varied menu so healthier options are available
If you would like to book into next week’s clinics for advice then please contact me.
© The Food Treatment Clinic LTD 2016. All Rights Reserved.