Sausage rolls are one of my favourite party foods, but are not great for those on the low FODMAP diet due to the wheat, garlic and onion content. Try this recipe out for a safe option.
[recipe title= servings=”10″ time=”35 mins” difficulty=”easy”]
8 x gluten free plain sausages (or 400g gluten free plain sausage meat)
Ready to roll gluten free puff pastry
1 tablespoon of paprika
2 tablespoons of mixed herbs
1 egg whisked
- Set your oven to 170ºC.
- Remove the skins of the sausages and mince your meat together.
- Split the meat into 2 bowls.
- Add paprika to 1 bowl and mix & the mixed herbs to the other bowl and mix.
- Lay out your meat like the picture shown below.
- Now pull over some of the pastry to cover the mixer as shown below. Use the egg wash to sort of ‘glue’ together.
- Cut into even 1 inch chunks (more even than mine!), coat with egg wash and use the back of a fork to make a little mark on the join.
- Using a knife, carefully create a little slash in each roll as shown below.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
Enjoy warm, have cold later or freeze for preparation!
© The Food Treatment Clinic LTD 2016. All Rights Reserved.