[recipe title= servings=”2″ time=”22 mins” difficulty=”medium”]
Quinoa is an awesome grain to have in the kitchen but unless you do something with it, it can be a tad bland. This is the perfect summer salad and if you don’t like salmon just switch it up for some grilled chicken or steak.
Source of Omega3
2 x 90g salmon fillets
1 teaspoon of vegetable stock
1/2 red onion diced
160g of cucumber diced
3 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
5 fresh mint leaves chopped
8 fresh parsley leaves chopped
100g of quinoa – rinsed and drained
198g tin of sweetcorn
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 ºC
- Wrap the salmon in tin foil and place in the oven
- Add the quinoa and vegetable stock to pan. Cover with hot water and heat until simmering – leave to cook (you may need to add a little more water as you go along)
- Meanwhile add all the other ingredient together in a bowl, mix and set to one side.
- Once the quinoa and salmon have cooked (approx 20 minutes) take off the heat.
- Add the quinoa to the bowl of ingredients, mix and then serve onto 2 plates.
- Place the salmon delicately on top
- Serve with a lemon half
Energy – 479kcal
Carbohydrate – 42.8g
Sugar – 13.1g
Fat – 18.9g
Protein – 29.7g
Low in saturates
Low in sugar
© The Food Treatment Clinic LTD 2016. All Rights Reserved.