Curry is one of my all time favourite foods, but it is often high in salt, sugar and fat. Why not try my healthy curry instead?
This recipe is ‘healthier’ because it is lower in sugar, salt and fat whilst higher in fibre than a regular curry.
Healthy Curry Recipe (serves 2)
- 2 small onions diced.
- 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- 2 turkey steaks cut into 1 inch chunks.
- 1 tbs of medium curry powder (or hotter / milder to preference).
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes.
- 1/2 tin of cold water.
- 480g mixed frozen vegetables.
Method For Making The Healthy Curry
1.Sweat the onions in the oil for 3 minutes.
2.Add in the turkey and cook until all the turkey is white on the outside.
3.Add in the chopped tomatoes, curry powder and water.
4.Add in the frozen vegetables.
5.Simmer for 20 minutes.