Instant noodle pots are one of the nation’s favourite junk foods and they are so easy and cheap to make! Unfortunately they provide us with virtually no nutritional value and are not an option for those with coeliac.
Earlier this week, I asked you guys on Instagram if you wanted my new recipe for a healthier version of the noodle pot? It was a 100% yes answer!
Ingredients (makes 1 portion)
- 1/5 x gluten free stock cube – choose depending on what protein you are using i.e. vegetable / chicken or fish. 0.9g
- 1 x nest of instant rice noodles (check that they are gluten free)
- 0.5 tbs of Tamari (gluten free soy sauce)
- 160g of mixed frozen vegetables.
- 120g of chicken / roasted tofu / beef / fish
- Warm your frozen vegetables in the microwave for around 2 minutes (no water needed).
- Add all your ingredients to a container.
- When ready to eat, cover in boiling water and let sit for 3 minutes (or as per rice noodle instructions).
Low FODMAP Adaptions
- Use only low FODMAP vegetables such as carrots, spinach and the green tops of spring onions.
- Switch the stock to a low FODMAP option such as this: Low FODMAP Vegetable Stock Concentrate.