This article will provide 60 delicious gluten-free, low FODMAP breakfast, dinner, and dessert recipes.
We also included gluten-free, low FODMAP vegetarian and gluten-free, dairy-free recipes for all with different nutritional limitations.
But before we get into the recipes, we will discuss whether gluten-free is also low FODMAP.
Is anything gluten-free low FODMAP?
No, but gluten-free foods are often low FODMAP due to the lower content of fructans, fermentable oligosaccharides.
Gluten is a protein, whereas FODMAPs are a type of carbohydrate. When FODMAPs arrive in the large bowel, bacteria ferments, which can exacerbate IBS symptoms, such as:
- Excessive gas
- Abdominal pain
As mentioned, not everything gluten-free is low FODMAP, and not everything low FODMAP is gluten-free.
For example, spelt sourdough is low FODMAP but not gluten-free. Gluten-free oats are in larger quantities high FODMAP even though they are gluten-free (1).
As a low FODMAP diet is not FODMAP-free, you might tolerate small amounts of otherwise high FODMAP foods (such as wheat flour) even if you are sensitive to fructans.
But if you have coeliac disease or non-coeliac gluten sensitivity, you should strictly avoid gluten to avoid adverse health effects.
If you have IBS but no gluten-related problems, do not rely only on the gluten-free symbol when choosing low FODMAP foods like bread or pasta.
Always check the label to detect any high FODMAP ingredients.
Is low FODMAP good for gluten intolerance?
As discussed above, gluten is a protein, and FODMAPs are sugars; therefore, a low FODMAP diet has no benefit if you have problems digesting gluten.
If you suspect you have gluten-related issues, consult a medical professional.
Gluten-free, low FODMAP breakfast recipes
Breakfast gives you energy and provides essential nutrients to kickstart your day. But this can be challenging if you have a sensible gut and lack inspiration on what to cook.
To give you some idea, we collected nine gluten-free, low FODMAP breakfast recipes you can experiment with without any symptoms afterward.
Sweet and savory recipes to try:
- Low FODMAP Egg Muffins with Spinach, Peppers, and Bacon
- Low FODMAP Spicy Salmon Salad
- Low FODMAP Overnight Oats & Chia
- Low FODMAP Banana Egg Pancakes
- Scrambled Tofu
- Low FODMAP American Pancakes with Blueberries
- Low FODMAP Chocolate Overnight Oats
- Low FODMAP Bacon, Chard and Potato Hash
- Low FODMAP Shakshuka
Gluten-free, low FODMAP dinner recipes
We understand that dinnertime is about nourishment and the pleasure of a satisfying meal.
Following a gluten-free and low FODMAP diet can be demanding, so we collected a wide array of dinner options that cater to your dietary needs without compromising taste.
Gluten-free, low FODMAP dinner recipes we gathered:
- Low FODMAP Cilantro Lime Chicken
- Instant Pot Low FODMAP Tomato-Basil Pasta
- Low FODMAP Spiced Lemon Chicken
- Low FODMAP Thai Peanut Noodles
- Low FODMAP Chicken Parmesan
- Low FODMAP Quiche Lorraine
- Low FODMAP Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole
- Low FODMAP Cod Fish in Creamy Mustard Sauce
- Loaded Low FODMAP Lentil Nachos
- Low FODMAP Kale, Potato, and Sausage Soup
5-ingredient gluten-free, low FODMAP recipes
Whether you are new in the kitchen and want to experiment with only a few ingredients, do not worry.
We collected recipes that demand only five ingredients and are easy to make.
5-ingredient gluten-free, low FODMAP recipes you should check:
- 5 Ingredient Lunchtime Frittata
- Low FODMAP Mashed Potatoes
- Low FODMAP Maple Dijon Shrimp
- Low FODMAP Walnut Crusted Salmon
- Low-FODMAP 5-Ingredient Caramelized Sweet Potatoes
- 5-Ingredient Dairy-Free Tzatziki
- 5-Ingredient Pasta Sauce
Gluten-free, dairy-free low FODMAP recipes
The more limitations in the diet you have, the more challenging cooking is.
For a beginning, you can check our recipes linked below. In case you would like to get more ideas, check our article: Low FODMAP vegan recipes.
Gluten-free, dairy-free low FODMAP recipes we collected:
- Vegan Tom Kha Kai Soup
- Gluten-Free Kisir – Turkish Bulgur Salad
- Low FODMAP Vegetable Skewers for on the BBQ
- 15 Minute Sweet & Sour Pork
- Teriyaki Vegetable Stir-Fry
- Carrot & Broccoli Burgers
- Low-FODMAP 30-Minute Korean Beef
Gluten-free, low FODMAP vegetarian recipes
These recipes have been thoughtfully designed to accommodate specific dietary requirements, offering a variety of dishes for your consideration.
This collection ensures you can maintain your dietary preferences and restrictions without sacrificing flavor or variety.
Explore a range of vegetarian recipes, providing you with diverse options for your meals:
- Low FODMAP Cranberry-Almond Quinoa Salad
- Low FODMAP Mediterranean Coleslaw
- Low FODMAP Crispy Roasted Potatoes
- Low FODMAP Vegetarian Shepherd’s Pie
- Low FODMAP Fried Rice
- Low FODMAP Pasta Primavera
- Roast Pumpkin & Thyme Risotto
- Carrot Fritters
- Low FODMAP Sweet Chili Tofu Bowls
- Easy One-Pan Ratatouille
To get more recipes, check our article 35 low FODMAP vegetarian recipes.
Gluten-free, low FODMAP slow cooker recipes
Those recipes are for everyone who would like to eat home-cooked meals and also:
- Save time
- Cook in a single pot
- Not compromise the flavor
Gluten-free, low FODMAP slow cooker recipes to try:
- Slow Cooker Low FODMAP Maple-Infused Carrots
- Low FODMAP Beef Stew
- Low FODMAP Chicken Enchilada Soup
- Low FODMAP Slow Cooker Beef Broth
- Low-FODMAP Chili
You can also check our article Low FODMAP crockpot recipes for more ideas.
Gluten-free, low FODMAP dessert recipes
Desserts hold a special place in the world of cuisine, offering comfort, celebration, and the joy of indulgence.
Whether a simple scoop of ice cream or a multi-layered cake, desserts make life a little sweeter.
Satisfy your sweet cravings with a delightful selection of dessert recipes:
- Gluten-Free Lemon Cheesecake Bars
- Gluten-Free Blueberry Scones
- Low FODMAP Cinnamon Rolls
- Gluten-Free Carrot Cake Cheesecake
- Gluten-Free Lemon Meringue Tartlets
- Easy Gluten-Free Sugar Cookies
- Low FODMAP Strawberry Raspberry Crisp
- Low FODMAP Chocolate Mousse Dark & White
- Low-FODMAP Sugar Cookie Bars with Buttercream Frosting
- Low-FODMAP Salted Chocolate Hazelnut Clusters
- Vegan Chocolate Chia Pudding
- Pumpkin Pie
For more recipes and shop-bought desserts, read our article Low FODMAP desserts – delicious and symptom-free.
How to write a gluten-free, low FODMAP shopping list
Firstly, we suggest you plan your meals for the whole week. Then, you check which ingredients you have at home and which you must buy.
We have written an in-depth article Low FODMAP grocery list + meal plan for more guidance.
When shopping for gluten-free products, you choose products with gluten-free certification marks.
Some foods can be naturally gluten-free (as are oats) but are commonly contaminated with gluten during production.
Gluten-free does not instantly mean low FODMAP and vice versa.
But as many people have multiple conditions like IBS and coeliac, they have to follow a lifelong gluten-free diet and short-term low FODMAP diet to pinpoint their food triggers.
If you suffer from IBS and gluten sensitivity, we collected 60 gluten-free low FODMAP recipes for breakfast, dinner, and desserts.
Written by Barbara Lešnik, Student Dietitian, reviewed by Kirsten Jackson, Consultant Dietitian BSc Hons, RD, PG Cert
Serena is UK HCPC Registered Dietitian. She graduated from Coventry University in 2021 with an upper second class in Dietetics and Human Nutrition.
Serena has previously worked as an Acute Dietitian supporting inpatients with both oral nutrition support and enteral tube feeding. She is now currently working as a Specialist Weight Management Dietitian. Alongside this, Serena has worked for The Food Treatment Clinic since 2022 and has created our low FODMAP, histamine intolerance and SIBO ebooks.
Serena has a keen interest in IBS and gut health, most specifically the low FODMAP diet. She is dedicated to helping those with gut conditions to improve their overall quality of life.