Dr Al-Hilou is a fully UK-trained Consultant Physician and Gastroenterologist who graduated from the University of Leicester with merit in 2002 and completed his House Officer and Medical SHO rotation in Leicester.
He subsequently completed his higher specialist gastroenterology training in Cambridge, Birmingham and London where he obtained his CCT.
His clinical practice includes all aspects of Gastroenterology including Inflammatory bowel disease, Hepatology, Endoscopy and Cancer screening, Biliary disease, Functional Bowel disease, Dyspepsia and Acid Reflux.
Dr Al-Hilou’s areas of sub specialist expertise include Inflammatory Bowel disease and clinical nutrition.
- Achieved his higher specialist qualifications in Gastroenterology through training in 3 tertiary centres of excellence in the UK. Small bowel transplantation in Addenbrookes hospital (Cambridge). Liver transplantation in Queen Elizabeth hospital (Birmingham) and Inflammatory bowel disease at Guys and St Thomas hospital (London).
- Completed his higher specialist rotation in the South London Deanery gaining his CCT with dual accreditation in Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine in 2014.
- Has obtained his MRCP in Gastroenterology.
- Previously practiced at Darent Valley Hospital and Queen Mary’s Hospital in London for 5 years as a substantive Consultant Physician and Gastroenterologist.
- Has numerous peer-reviewed international publications including topics such as Hepatology, IBD, Nutrition, and Dyspepsia.
- Has acted as an examiner for the Royal College of Physicians exams, taught medical students at King’s College London and has gained certification as a JAG Endoscopy Trainer.
- Nominated and obtained his Fellowship of the Royal college of physicians in 2018.
- MBChB with Merit (Leicester university)
- FRCP (UK)
- MRCP (Gastroenterology)
- Dual CCT in Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine (London Deanery)