Table of Contents
Updated June 2022 by Serena Bansal Registered Dietitian BSc Hons
Try and make these limed chicken kebabs! They are perfect for weight loss, healthy eating, heart health, PCOS, good skin, diabetes or just a very nice meal.
Ingredients (serves 2):
2 large chicken breasts
2 small courgettes
1 handful of fresh coriander
3 lugs of olive oil
- Start boiling your rice (brown rice can take a while to cook).
- Squeeze the lime juice into a large mixing bowl.
- Chop the coriander into small pieces and add to the lime juice.
- Add the olive oil and mix.
- Chop the chicken breast into approx 3cm chunks and mix with the lime mixture. Set to one side.
- Prepare your veg by cutting into 2-3cm chunks.
- Make up the kebabs alternating the chicken with vegetables.
- Place the kebabs onto the grill and pour any remaining lime mixture onto them.
- Grill on a high heat until the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve with brown rice.
Kirsten Jackson is a UK registered Consultant Gastroenterology Dietitian and founder of The Food Treatment Clinic. She has undergone many qualifications to get where she is today, including a UK BSc Honours Degree in Dietetics and Post-Graduate Certificate in Advanced Dietetics. In addition to this, she has FODMAP Training from Kings College London University. Kirsten set up The Food Treatment Clinic in 2015 after first experiencing digestive problems herself. She felt that the NHS was unable to provide the support individuals needed and went on to specialise in this area before opening a bespoke IBS service. Kirsten also participates in charity work as an Expert Advisor for the IBS Network. In addition, she can be seen in publications such as Cosmopolitan and The Telegraph discussing IBS as an Official Media Spokesperson to the IBS Network.
Leave a Reply