If you are on the low FODMAP diet, low FODMAP desserts are probably something you haven’t experimented with yet.
This article will provide you with great low FODMAP dessert ideas. We will include low FODMAP desserts that are available to purchase along with some delicious recipes.
Low FODMAP desserts: to buy
There are desserts ready to purchase that are low in FODMAPs. You can purchase from FODMAP certified brands, or check the Monash app.
The following list are some examples of great examples. You can purchase these from the supermarkets or online:
- Fody almond and coconut bar
- BelliWelli cinnamon swirl bar
- Schar gluten free choco chip cookies
- Acazen chocolate with date pieces
- Bare strawberry banana chips
However, please check the Monash App to ensure that portion sizes are kept within low FODMAP levels.
Low FODMAP desserts: free of added sugars
Most sugars are low in FODMAPs, and you can read more about this here. But you may be looking to make a low FODMAP dessert that comes without the added sugar.
These recipes without any added sugar will get you started:
- Sugar free chocolate mug cake
- Peanut butter banana muffins
- Sugar-free vegan apple crisp crumble
- Dark chocolate brownies
- Carrot and walnut cake
- Super berry and peanut fudge bars
Low FODMAP desserts: for one
You don’t need to be cooking for a crowd if you want to make a dessert! You may be baking for one sensitive gut – or just your own!
If baking for one, then try these single serve recipes instead:
- Gluten-free apple pie muffins
- 5 minute banana mug cake
- Strawberry jam chocolate tarts
- Peanut butter and jelly mug cake
- Blueberry lemon mug cake
- 5 minute microwave cinnamon bun
- Angel mug cake
Low FODMAP desserts: vegan
It may appear tricky being vegan and on the low FODMAP diet, especially when dessert comes into play. However, there are many vegan low FODMAP desserts and recipes out there, so you don’t have to miss out.
The following recipes are vegan and low FODMAP:
- Vegan chocolate chunk cookies
- Vegan chocolate and ginger chia pudding (also no bake)
- Easiest peanut butter cookies
- Banana walnut bundt cake with coconut whip
- Pecan pie tarts
- Christmas spiced shortbread cookies
- Autumnal fruit crumble
Low FODMAP: no bake desserts
You may be more interesting in having a low FODMAP dessert that comes without the baking. These are some of our favourite bake-free recipes:
- Banana coconut ice cream
- No bake cookies
- Low Fodmap fruit tart
- No bake raspberry cheesecake
- Butterscotch pudding
Being on a low FODMAP diet does not mean that dessert options need to be limited. You can still enjoy a delicious treat without the consequence of tiring IBS symptoms.
There are many certified low FODMAP desserts available to buy. But if you prefer making your own, you can try one of the many recipes shared in this post.
We hope you enjoy the low FODMAP dessert recipes shared in this post!
Written by Annabelle Green Student Dietitian and reviewed by Beth Willson Specialist Surgical Dietitian BSc Hons RD