This low FODMAP granola is an easy go-to breakfast when most shop-bought alternatives unfortunately often contain many high FODMAP components such as honey, certain nuts and high FODMAP dried fruit.
For coeliacs, shop – bought granola also throws up the problem of also containing gluten as the oats used are often not gluten free. By elimination oats in this recipe all together – the problem is solved.
This low FODMAP granola is the easiest thing in the world to make and is OH SO GOOD! Especially with some lovely low FODMAP coconut yoghurt.
Ingredients (makes 16 portions)
- 2 cups walnuts
- 1/2 cup coconut desiccated
- 1 tablespoon golden linseed
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- Switch the oven on to 160 degree Celsius.
- Add all the ingredients into 1 big bowl and mix.
- Lay out the on to a baking tray.
- Cook for approx 20 – 25 minutes (mixing half way through).
- Leave the granola to cool down.
- Store in an air-tight container.