Table of Contents
500g ready made polenta
1 mozzarella ball
1 thin slice of ham (optional)
1 tablespoon of garlic infused oil
1 tablespoon of oregano
1/4 teaspoon of asafoetida
- 1.Preheat the oven to 220 ˚C
- Slice the polenta into 1 cm thins
- Spray the polenta with a little oil and bake for 5 minutes
- Meanwhile make the sauce – fry the asafoetida powder and oil together for 1 minute- add the passata and then simmer gentle until the sauce becomes thick.
- Remove the polenta from the oven and cover in the sauce, shredded mozzarella and ham.
- Bake for 15 minutes
- Sprinkle with oregano and serve with a side salad.
Kirsten Jackson is a UK registered Consultant Gastroenterology Dietitian and founder of The Food Treatment Clinic. She has undergone many qualifications to get where she is today, including a UK BSc Honours Degree in Dietetics and Post-Graduate Certificate in Advanced Dietetics. In addition to this, she has FODMAP Training from Kings College London University. Kirsten set up The Food Treatment Clinic in 2015 after first experiencing digestive problems herself. She felt that the NHS was unable to provide the support individuals needed and went on to specialise in this area before opening a bespoke IBS service. Kirsten also participates in charity work as an Expert Advisor for the IBS Network. In addition, she can be seen in publications such as Cosmopolitan and The Telegraph discussing IBS as an Official Media Spokesperson to the IBS Network.