Table of Contents
Updated June 2022 by Serena Bansal Registered Dietitian BSc Hons
Are you craving some Low FODMAP sausage rolls?
Sausage rolls are one of my favourite party foods, but are not great for those on the low FODMAP diet due to the wheat, garlic and onion content. Try this recipe out for a safe option.
Ingredients for low FODMAP Sausage Rolls
8 x gluten free plain sausages (or 400g gluten free plain sausage meat)
Ready to roll gluten free puff pastry
1 tablespoon of paprika
2 tablespoons of mixed herbs
1 egg whisked
- Set your oven to 170ºC.
- Remove the skins of the sausages and mince your meat together.
- Split the meat into 2 bowls.
- Add paprika to 1 bowl and mix & the mixed herbs to the other bowl and mix.
- Lay out your meat like the picture shown below.
- Now pull over some of the pastry to cover the mixer as shown below. Use the egg wash to sort of ‘glue’ together.
- Cut into even 1 inch chunks (more even than mine!), coat with egg wash and use the back of a fork to make a little mark on the join.
- Using a knife, carefully create a little slash in each roll as shown below.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
Enjoy warm, have cold later or freeze for preparation!
Kirsten Jackson is a UK registered Consultant Gastroenterology Dietitian and founder of The Food Treatment Clinic. She has undergone many qualifications to get where she is today, including a UK BSc Honours Degree in Dietetics and Post-Graduate Certificate in Advanced Dietetics. In addition to this, she has FODMAP Training from Kings College London University. Kirsten set up The Food Treatment Clinic in 2015 after first experiencing digestive problems herself. She felt that the NHS was unable to provide the support individuals needed and went on to specialise in this area before opening a bespoke IBS service. Kirsten also participates in charity work as an Expert Advisor for the IBS Network. In addition, she can be seen in publications such as Cosmopolitan and The Telegraph discussing IBS as an Official Media Spokesperson to the IBS Network.