Updated June 2022 by Serena Bansal BSc Hons RD
Looking for a Low FODMAP Vegetable Soup? Soup is one of the foods you will probably miss when on the low FODMAP diet. Which is a real shame seeing as it is high in fibre and vitamins. Plus, such a great lunch for the winter.
I actually created this for a client who since going on the low FODMAP diet has become slightly constipated so we were trying to increase their fibre intake.
The soup is simple Low FODMAP Vegetable Soup to make – I do not do complicated! And, contains around 2 of your 5 portions/day.
Here I have teamed it up with some home made spelt bread and smoked salmon, creating a lovely, balanced meal.
Carbohydrates – 47.4g
Sugar – 24.2g
Fat – 6.3g
Protein – 5.4g
Low in Kcal
Low in fat
Low in saturated fat
Low in sugar
Ingredients (Serves 3)
1/4 stick of celery
1 red pepper
8 medium carrots peeled
1 baking potato
1 tbs of garlic infused oil
1 tbs of dried thyme
1 tbs of dried basil
1 teaspoon of dried mixed herbs
1L of water
Salt/pepper to taste
- Chop all the vegetables into cubes and sweat for about 10 minutes with the oil – stir every minute or so.
- Add the water, bring to the boil.
- Allow to simmer for 20-30 minutes
- Blend with a blender (or leave chunky if you would prefer)
- Season to own taste (I enjoyed lots of pepper)
© The Food Treatment Clinic LTD 2016. All Rights Reserved.