Quinoa is an awesome grain to have in the kitchen but unless you do something with it, it can be a tad bland. This is the perfect summer salad and if you don’t like salmon just switch it up for some grilled chicken or steak.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 2 x 90g salmon fillets
- 1 teaspoon of massel’s vegetable stock
- 1/2 red onion diced (can use green part of spring onion)
- 160g of cucumber diced
- 3 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
- 5 fresh mint leaves chopped
- 8 fresh parsley leaves chopped
- 100g of quinoa – rinsed and drained
- 198g tin of sweetcorn (skip if not tolerated)
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 ºC
- Wrap the salmon in tin foil and place in the oven
- Add the quinoa and vegetable stock to pan. Cover with hot water and heat until simmering – leave to cook (you may need to add a little more water as you go along)
- Meanwhile add all the other ingredient together in a bowl, mix and set to one side.
- Once the quinoa and salmon have cooked (approx 20 minutes) take off the heat.
- Add the quinoa to the bowl of ingredients, mix and then serve onto 2 plates.
- Place the salmon delicately on top
- Serve with a lemon half