Updated June 2022 by Serena Bansal BSc Hons RD
A cheesy pasta bake is the perfect winter comfort food and is also surprisingly healthy too. Although, when it comes to the low FODMAP diet, you may be wondering how to make one.
Check out this recipe for the perfect cheesy pasta bake suitable for the low FODMAP diet.
If you would like to give this meal and extra fibre boost, you could swap the gluten free pasta for quinoa pasta! Fibre which is important for bowel health and can ward off bowel cancel in the future.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
320g of gluten free dried pasta
120g of cheddar
2 tablespoons of oregano
2 cans of chopped tomatoes
2 tablespoons of olive oil
3 bell peppers chopped and deseeded
1 spring onion chopped (green part only if following a low FODMAP diet)
Pepper to season
- Heat the oven to 180ºC.
- Set the pasta to boil.
- Add the vegetables and oil to a large pan and sweat until softened (approx 5 minutes).
- Add the tinned tomatoes to the vegetables and take off the hob.
- When the pasta is half way through being cooked, drain it and stir into the tomato-veg mixture.
- Add half the cheese and stir.
- Transfer the mixture to a oven tin, add the left over cheese and then season with some pepper.
- Bake for 25 minutes (or until the cheese becomes a little browned).
Enjoy the pasta bake! Best served on its own or with a side salad.
© The Food Treatment Clinic LTD 2017. All Rights Reserved.